The ALMA Society is a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation funded entirely by tax-deductible registration fees and donations. We were founded in 1971 and have been going strong since then!
WHAT WE DO
We are the oldest, most comprehensive and successful registry of its kind. We have been helping our members connect with their birth relatives since 1971.
- We do not perform adoption searches but we assist our members through our search assistants. We typically do not act as an intermediary in contacting birth relatives.
- Registrants are responsible for information provided.
- Registrations fees and donations are IRS tax deductible.
- When you conclude your search, please provide an update for your file so your case file can be closed.
- The registration fee of $50 entitles you to a permanent registration – meaning you have lifetime assistance with your search and reunion issues.
- Local chapters, the search assistant network and the ALMA Research Library are all staffed by volunteers willing to help you.
ALMA will grant a 50% discounted membership to any active member of the Armed Forces. Membership fee will be $25 after proof of service is submitted.